AWE Nears TD at Atlas Well
AWE Limited reported that at 0600 hours Thursday (local time) the Atlas-1 exploration well was at a measured depth of 2,011 feet (613 meters). Indications of both methane and carbon dioxide have been detected while drilling within the upper part of the Kujung carbonate reservoir section. During the week, the well was drilled from 1,017 feet (310 meters) to the current depth, with 9-5/8" casing being set at 1,844 feet (562 meters). Progress for the week was 994 feet (303 meters).
Atlas-1 is an exploration well designed to test the gas potential of a carbonate reservoir sequence that, together with the nearby Lengo gas discovery, could contain up to 1 Trillion cubic feet of recoverable sales gas. The well is planned to be drilled to a total measured depth of approximately 2,526 feet (770 meters). The water depth at the Atlas location is approximately 230 feet (70 meters).
The well is located within the Titan Production Sharing Contract (PSC) in the offshore East Java Basin, Indonesia. The well is located approximately 22 miles (35 kilometers) north east of the Lengo gas discovery, which tested gas at rates of up to 12.8 million cubic feet per day when drilled in 2008.
Participants in the Titan PSC are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) (Operator) 40.0%
- Baruna Oil and Gas Ltd 25.0%
- Mitra Energy (Indonesia Titan) Ltd 25.0%
- PT. Sillo Maritime Perdana 10.0%
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)