Lundin to Drill Using Transocean Semisub
Lundin Norway AS has received consent to carry out exploration drilling with the Transocean Arctic (mid-water semisub) mobile facility.
The consent relates to drilling and production testing of appraisal well 16/2-13 which belongs to production license 501.
The planned position of Transocean Arctic during the drilling of well 16/2-13 is:
- N 58 degrees 49'59.5"
- E 02 degrees 39'12.25"
The drilling will start in June/July 2012. The operation is estimated to last for 43 days, depending on whether a discovery is made.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)