Primary Petroleum Updates Alberta Basin Ops
Primary Petroleum Corporation provided the following technical update on its Pondera-Teton Prospect located in the Southern Alberta Basin Bakken Fairway in NW Montana.
- Primary has completed five 3D seismic programs covering approx. 95 square miles and one additional 37 square mile program is currently being permitted.
Initial six vertical stratigraphic wells:
- All six wells were drilled vertically into the upper Duperow formation, ranging in depth between 4500-6500 feet. All wells were cored across various sections of the "Bakken System" (lower Lodgepole, Bakken, Three Forks and Big Valley/Upper Potlatch).
- Oil and gas shows were identified on logs in multiple reservoir zones in all wells. -- Free oil was observed in one or more of the cores.
- Standard log suites were acquired in all wells and advanced log suites were acquired in five of the wells.
- Two wells were cased, perforated and swab tested in the Bakken System and/or secondary zones, with fluid samples currently being analyzed.
- Routine core analysis has been completed on four of the six wells to-date. Porosity up to 10.4 percent and non-fractured permeability up to 0.3mD (millidarcy) have been reported.
- Geochemical analyses have been completed on select samples with additional analysis in progress. Sample analyses indicate a thermally mature Bakken System source rock in the oil window, with some zones where TOC (total organic content) reaches up to 17 percent.
- Special core analysis for the horizontal drilling program has been completed on select samples, with additional analysis in progress.
Three supplemental vertical wells:
- All wells drilled into the upper Duperow formation, with one well cored across the Nisku formation.
- One well was cased, perforated and is currently being swab tested in the secondary conventional reservoir zones and/or Bakken System with results pending further review and analysis.
Primary has requested and has been granted by its JV Partner continued Operatorship for the balance of the drilling and completion operations in the Phase I program.
- Primary has commenced the horizontal drilling program and is anticipating at this time to drill three or four horizontal wells, each targeting a specific reservoir zone by the end of September 2012. The Company is also anticipating the conclusion of completion operations by the end of October.
- Production testing will continue through to the end of the year, followed by the JV Partner's Phase II election to spend a further $41 million and earn an additional 17.5 percent W.I. in 2013.
- Primary Petroleum Updates Alberta Basin Ops (May 29)
- Primary Executes LOI for Southern Alberta Basin Bakken Fairway Lands (Jul 27)
- Primary Petroleum Purchases Acreage at Montana Auction (Mar 03)