CNOOC Pens PSC with Roc for Bohai Block
CNOOC Limited announced that its parent company, China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) has signed a production sharing contract (PSC) with Roc Oil (Bohai) Company (ROC) for Block 09/05 in Bohai.
Block 09/05 is located 31 miles (50 kilometers) southeast of Tianjin, with a total area of 137 square miles (355 square kilometers) and water depth of 4-10 meters.
According to the terms of the contact, ROC will conduct 3D seismic survey and drill exploration wells in Block 09/05 during the exploration period, in which all expenditures incurred will be borne by ROC. CNOOC has the right to participate in up to 51 percent working interest in any commercial discoveries in the block.
Mr. Zhu Weilin, Executive Vice President of the Company and General Manager of Exploration Department commented, "We are very pleased to join hands with ROC again. We, like ROC, have full confidence in the resource potential of Bohai."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: CNOOC more info
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)