Aker Solutions Scores Jackup Drilling Equipment Contract
Aker Solutions has won a contract from Yantai CIMC Raffles Offshore Ltd to supply a complete drilling equipment package for a new jackup drilling rig, being built by the Chinese yard. The contract value is undisclosed.
The new rig is of the 2000E jackup design, and the contract includes options for a further three jackup rigs of the same design.
"We are pleased to see Aker Solutions' competitive position in the jack-up market, which we expect to be active in the future," said Thor Arne Håverstad, head of drilling technologies in Aker Solutions.
The equipment will be delivered in 2013.
Aker Solutions will provide drilling equipment from its production units in Kristiansand and Asker in Norway as well as Houston, US and Erkelenz in Germany.
- Newbuild COSLProspector Semisub Commences Sea Trial Offshore China (Oct 09)
- Aker Solutions Scores Jackup Drilling Equipment Contract (Apr 16)
- China's First Deepwater Semi Delivered (Nov 16)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)