Reuters: Exxon, Rosneft to Finalize Arctic, N. America JV Deal Monday
ExxonMobil Corp. and Russian state oil champion OAO Rosneft are expected Monday to formalize joint-venture plans under which Rosneft will gain access to North American hydrocarbon resources in exchange for access to Russia's Arctic offshore, Reuters reported Friday, citing industry sources.
The heads of the two companies are expected to brief analysts on the project Wednesday in New York City, according to a copy of the invitation notice. For its part, Rosneft is expected to gain access to resources such as shale oil and shale gas.
Exxon said the company would post an announcement later Friday on its website regarding the Wednesday briefing. Rosneft declined comment to Reuters.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Rosneft more info
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
- China's CEFC Eyes Big League With Rosneft Oil Offtake Deal (Oct 17)