National Oilwell Varco to Buy Schlumberger's Wilson Segment
National Oilwell Varco, Inc. has entered into an agreement with Schlumberger Limited to purchase its Wilson distribution business segment. Terms of the all-cash transaction, which remains subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approval, were not disclosed.
"We are excited about the new market opportunities Wilson will open for our Company, and we look forward to welcoming the Wilson employees into National Oilwell Varco soon," said Chairman, President and CEO of National Oilwell Varco Pete Miller.
- Offshore Start-Up Borr Drilling Aims To Expand Fleet, Keep Costs Low (Aug 30)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
- Russian Watchdog Says Schlumberger-Eurasia Drilling Deal 'Has Big Problems' (Aug 16)
Company: National Oilwell Varco more info
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Shale Drilling Technology to Head Overseas in Next Market Upturn (Oct 27)
- NOV Lays Off 54 Houston Workers as Part of Consolidation (Sep 13)