Technip Wins Cheviot Field Contract
Technip announced Thursday that its wholly-owned subsidiary Duco has been awarded a contract by Bluewater Industries for the Cheviot field development, whose operator is ATP Oil & Gas.
The Cheviot field is located in Block 2/10B, approximately 61 miles (100 kilometers) east of the Shetland Isles, in the UK North Sea, at a water depth of 490 feet (150 meters). The project also includes the development of the Peter and Eclat fields.
The contract covers engineering, project management and fabrication of four static steel tube umbilicals, four dynamic thermoplastic umbilicals, and a thermoplastic Subsea Intervention Valve umbilical. The total length is 7.5 miles (12 kilometers). The umbilicals will control four drill centers from a floating semi-submersible production facility.
The subsea distribution system will also be supplied, which represents the largest SPS contract ever awarded to Duco. This scope includes umbilical termination assemblies, subsea distribution units, 64 hydraulic and electrical flying leads and other equipment.
The steel tube umbilicals and subsea distribution system will be manufactured in Duco’s facility in Houston at its Channelview facility. The thermoplastic umbilicals will be manufactured in Duco’s UK facility in Newcastle. The project is scheduled for delivery in 2014.
- Lessons from ATP Bankruptcy There for Those Who Listen (Jun 30)
- Cosco Discontinues Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module Project (Jan 12)
- Cosco Reveals Buying Interest for Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module (Jul 23)
Company: Bluewater Energy more info
- Bluewater to Supply 2 Turret Mooring Systems for Kaombo Project off Angola (Jun 06)
- Technip Wins Cheviot Field Contract (Mar 29)
- Bluewater Unveils New Composite Cryogenic Hose for Next Gen LNG Transfer (May 26)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)