OGX Buys Operatorship of Campos Basin Blocks

OGX has acquired an additional 20 percent stake in blocks BM-C-37 and BM-C-38, in the shallow waters of the Campos Basin, from its partner Maersk Oil, becoming operator of these blocks. OGX now holds a 70 percent interest in these blocks, with Maersk Oil holding the remaining 30 percent.

"This transaction reflects not only our interest in continuing to pursue new growth opportunities for our portfolio, but also our belief in the excellent potential of the shallow waters in this part of the Campos Basin," commented Paulo Mendonça, General Executive and Exploration Officer of OGX. "As operator of these two blocks, we will intensify the drilling campaign, focusing on the appraisal of the existing discoveries as well as the drilling of new wildcat wells."

With this acquisition, OGX plans to use its current operational structure to drill 6 wells in blocks BM-C-37 and BM-C-38, in order to confirm the extension of discovered accumulations and test the existence of new prospects in the area. OGX will conduct all necessary studies and tests aiming to convert its resources into reserves.

OGX is now the operator of seven exploratory blocks in the Campos Basin totaling 454 square miles (1,177 square kilometers). The Campos Basin is responsible for more than 75 percent of the Brazilian production and is where the Waimea accumulation is located, in which OGX’s first oil was produced (block BM-C-41).

 

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Senior Land Professional Job
Expertise: Landman|Lease Analyst
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
 
Surface Land Professional Job
Expertise: Landman|Lease Analyst
Location: San Antonio, TX
 
Automation Systems Analyst II
Expertise: Business Development
Location: Houston, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.46/BBL 4.63%
Light Crude Oil : $48.9/BBL 4.78%
Natural Gas : $3.18/MMBtu 0.90%
Updated in last 24 hours