Hawkley O&G Begins Drilling Ukraine Well
Hawkley Oil & Gas announced the spud of its Sorochynska-202 development well in Ukraine.
- Spud was on Wednesday, February 15 and as at midnight on the 15th the well was drilling ahead at 49 feet (15 meters);
- Spud was delayed in January while procuring replacement diesel engines, then further delayed by severe weather causing problems at site and with mobilization of essential equipment to site;
- Chernigov NGG drilling company received approval to start drilling following inspection by the country mining (rig) inspector on the 14th;
- Hawkley expects the well to reach Total Depth (TD) of 13,944 feet (4,250 meters) in August;
- The primary target of the well is the Upper B18 pool, productive at Sorochynska-201.
Chief Executive Dr Michael Earle said, "Mobilizing equipment and rigging up under more than 30 degree C of frost is a hazardous and incredibly difficult task, and the crew is to be commended for completing the job under such challenging personal circumstances. Despite the delay, Hawkley still expects the well to reach TD in August."