Oilex to Resume Ops at Cambay Field
Oilex Ltd advised that operations to retrieve the stuck milling assembly from the Cambay-76H horizontal well in the Cambay Field, onshore Gujarat, India have resumed.
Retrieval operations were interrupted in December due to high bottom hole pressure conditions and an influx of gas and fracture stimulation fluids. As a result well control operations were initiated to stabilize the well.
While initial well control operations resulted in a reduction in pressure, the well continued to flow. As a consequence, procedures were revised and a denser mud system, additional chemicals and equipment were mobilized and the well has now been stabilized. Operations to retrieve the milling assembly and coil tubing are now underway.
Approximately 1,086 feet (331 meters) of coiled tubing has been recovered to date and 125 feet (38 meters) of coiled tubing and milling assembly (39 feet or 12 meters) remain to be recovered.
The participating interests in the Cambay PSC are:
- Oilex Ltd (Operator) 30%
- Oilex NL Holdings (India) Limited 15%
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd 55%
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)