Senex Starts Drilling at Growler Field

Senex Energy Limited (Senex), as Operator for the PRL 15 joint venture, advised that the Growler-8 appraisal well commenced drilling on February 11, 2012.

At 6:00 a.m. Monday morning, the rig was at 1,808 feet (551 meters) and drilling ahead to surface casing depth of 2,132 feet (650 meters).

Growler-8 is the seventh well in the joint venture's 11 well drilling program in PRL 15 and PEL 104, comprising five appraisal wells and six exploration wells targeting the highly prospective Birkhead channel play on the western flank of the South Australian Cooper Basin.

The well is located on the western limb of the Growler oil field, 3,937 feet (1,200 meters) to the west of the Growler-1 discovery well and 600 meters southwest of Growler-7.

The Growler-8 appraisal well will seek to extend the mid-Birkhead channel reservoir encountered in the nine Growler wells drilled to date, seven of which are now on production. The well will also examine the potential of the lower Birkhead channel sand prognosed to be developed at this location.

Senex holds a 60% interest in PRL 15 and is Operator of the joint venture, with the remaining 40% interest held by Beach Energy Limited.


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Field Maintenance Controls Technician
Expertise: Maintenance Technician|Rig Mechanic
Location: Eighty Four, PA
Maintenance Supervisor - Drilling
Expertise: Maintenance Manager|Rig Mechanic
Location: Eighty Four, PA
Whipstock Welder
Expertise: Rig Welder|Welding|Workshop
Location: Lafayette, LA
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours