Oilex Updates Ops at Cambay HZ Well
Oilex Ltd provided the following update on operations to recover the stuck milling assembly from the Cambay-76H horizontal well in the Cambay Field, onshore Gujarat, India.
- 246 meters of coiled tubing had been recovered leaving an estimated 123 meters of coiled tubing and the milling assembly (12 meters) remaining to be recovered.
- Before these retrieval operations could be completed, high bottom hole pressure conditions and an influx of gas and fracture stimulation fluids made it necessary to undertake well control operations to stabilize the well.
- Additional equipment and chemicals were mobilized to counter the abnormal pressure in the well bore.
While a reduction in pressure has been recorded, the well is continuing to flow thus preventing a resumption of the retrieval operations.
Subsequently, a re-interpretation of the post fracture pressure data has revealed that the reservoir pressure is higher than previously anticipated. Accordingly, the well control procedures are being reviewed and additional chemicals sourced to ensure that the well can be stabilised and remaining operations completed.
The participating interests in the Cambay PSC are:
- Oilex Ltd (Operator) 30%
- Oilex NL Holdings (India) Limited 15%
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd 55%
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)