Technip Scoops Up Nexen Gig for Golden Eagle Development
Technip was awarded by Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited a lump sum contract, worth approximately €135 million, for the Golden Eagle development located 110 kilometers North-east of Aberdeen in 115 meters of water.
This contract is the largest ever awarded to Technip for a project in the United Kingdom Continental Shelf and features the reeling of mechanically lined pipe which provides a cost effective alternative for high temperature, highly corrosive materials.
This contract covers the engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning of:
- 2 export, 1 production, 1 mechanically lined water injection and 1 gas lift flowlines,
- 1 main umbilical and 2 subsea isolation valve umbilicals,
- subsea equipments,
- trenching and backfilling of all flowlines and umbilicals,
- tie-ins, protection, pre-commissioning and commissioning support.
Bill Morrice, Managing Director of Technip in the UK said, "This award is extremely exciting for us as it represents a key milestone in terms of contract size. We very much look forward to working with Nexen and to playing a significant part in this important field development."
Technip's operating center in Aberdeen, Scotland will execute the project, which is scheduled to be completed in the second half of 2014. Genesis, Technip's consultancy subsea and offshore engineering company, will complete the detailed design workscope. The flowlines will be manufactured at Technip's flexible pipe plant in Le Trait, France. The Group's umbilical manufacturer in Newcastle, UK, Duco, will provide the umbilicals and vessels from the Technip fleet will be used for the offshore campaign, including Apache II and Orelia.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)