Serica Bags Licenses Offshore Ireland
Serica has been offered a further two Production Licenses in the final stage of the 26th Round of UK Offshore Licensing announced by the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
- Block 110/8b in the East Irish Sea has been offered to Serica as operator with a 100% interest. The work commitment comprises a 3D seismic reprocessing program planned to delineate a gas prospect which has been provisionally identified in the block.
- Blocks 47/2b (Split), 47/3g (Split), 47/7 (Split) & 47/8d (Part) in the Southern North Sea have been offered under a single license to a group in which Serica has a 37.5% interest. Centrica is the operator for the group. These blocks are contiguous part blocks immediately adjacent to the York field, also operated by Centrica. A number of gas prospects have been provisionally identified on the blocks at both the Leman (Permian) and Namurian (Carboniferous) levels. The work obligation comprises a 3D seismic survey and reprocessing of existing seismic data.
Tony Craven Walker, Chairman and Interim CEO, commented, "We are delighted to have been offered the award of these two new UK offshore licenses. We intend to seek a partner to join us in East Irish Sea Block 110/8b with a view to extending the exploration program in this block and have already commenced discussions. In the Southern North Sea, the blocks offered for award lie very close to the York field. We expect them to contain additional gas reserves which, if proven, can easily be produced through the York field facilities."
- Erskine Field Production Start-Up Delayed (Aug 23)
- Serica Completes Acquisition of 18% Stake in North Sea Erskine Field (Jun 05)
- Sidi Moussa Well Offshore Morocco Finds Oil (Oct 20)