Statoil Ponders FPU for Developing Skrugard Discovery
Statoil, the Norwegian oil major, said Tuesday it and its partners are considering developing the Skrugard discovery in the Barents Sea by means of a floating production unit with additional capacity to process and transport oil from other prospects in the area.
Statoil said a floating production unit would result in rapid and cost-efficient development of the discovery. The production unit will have separate oil storage and offshore loading capability with a production capacity of 95,000 barrels of oil per day.
Discovery of the Skrugard was made in April 2011. Volumes are estimated to be around 250 million barrels of recoverable oil equivalents, with a considerable upside potential. There are several prospects in the near vicinity and Statoil will look into the possibility of including possible discoveries in a total development solution.
Partners in the licence are Statoil, the operator, with 50 percent, ENI S.p.A. (ENI.MI) with 30 percent and Petoro with 20 percent.
Earlier Tuesday, shares in Statoil were 0.1% higher at $25.62 (NOK152.80).
Dow Jones Newswires' Sven Grundberg contributed to this report.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
- Mexico And Indonesia Could Be Next Up For Eni's Asset Sales (Oct 27)
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)