Mustang Secures Topsides Role for Anardarko's Lucius Development
Mustang, a Wood Group company, has been awarded the topsides detailed engineering, procurement support and equipment inspection for a truss spar floating production facility in the Lucius field development to be operated by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.
The facility will be located in the Keathley Canyon area of the Gulf of Mexico , in approximately 7,100 feet of water, and will have a capacity of 80,000 BPD oil and 450MMSCFD gas.
"We are enthused about participating in this world-class project. We have previously designed topsides for four Anadarko deepwater spars: Boomvang, Nansen, Gunnison and Constitution. Combining our knowledge of Anadarko's objectives gained from those projects with our extensive expertise in deepwater topsides will help to ensure technical excellence for this deepwater production facility," Mustang President Steve Knowles said.
Detailed engineering is scheduled to be completed in the 3rd quarter of 2012 and first production is expected in 2014. Mustang recently completed conceptual and front-end engineering design for the project.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Mustang Engineering more info
- Mustang Secures Topsides Role for Anardarko's Lucius Development (Dec 20)
- Mustang Completes Engineering Gig at Eni Nikaitchuq Facility (Jun 28)
- Mustang Snags Detail Design Contract for Chevron Facility (Sep 07)