Contract for Xikomba FPSO Inked
SBM Offshore announced Wednesday on behalf of its Joint Venture companies with Sonangol, Sonasing and OPS that contracts for the twelve year charter and operation of FPSO Xikomba for the block 15/06 development, offshore Angola have been executed with ENI Angola SpA. This order had been previously announced under a Letter of Intent (LOI) on 15 April 2011.
The development plan involves relocation of the existing FPSO Xikomba, which has been operated under contract for ExxonMobil in Angola since 2003. The unit will undergo a major upgrade in order to meet the new project specific requirements. Part of that work will be performed in the PAENAL yard in Angola.
The investment required for the upgrade and relocation of the FPSO Xikomba will be comparable to a large FPSO conversion project.
First production from the FPSO is planned for 2014.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)