Statoil Receives NPD Nod for N. Sea Drilling
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted a drilling permit to Statoil Petroleum AS for wellbore 7220/7-1, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 7220/7-1 will be drilled from the drilling facility Aker Barents (UDW semisub) in position 72 27' 37.91" N and 20 09' 08.69" E.
The drilling program for wellbore 7220/7-1 applies to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 532. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator with a 50 percent ownership interest. The other licensees are Eni Norway AS with 30 percent and Petoro AS with 20 percent.
Well 7220/7-1 is located about 100 kilometers northwest of the Snøhvit field. The production license consists of the blocks 7219/9, 7220/4, 7220/5, 7220/7 and 7220/8. The production license was awarded in the 20th licensing round.
Wildcat well 7220/7-1 is the second exploration well in production license 532.
The drilling permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)