Airborne Goes Deep with Saipem Offshore Brazil
Airborne was awarded a contract by Saipem SA for the engineering, fabrication & delivery of a 2,500 meter (8,200 foot) downline for the Guara & Lula project in Brazil. The 3-inch ID downline will be used at around 2,200 meter (7,218 feet) water depth for the Pre-Commissioning of the Guara & Lula-NE Gasline Project.
By winning this contract, Airborne will deliver a composite pipe for the deepest application worldwide.
Airborne's Composite Downline has the following unique benefits:
- Vacuum capability: The pipe can sustain vacuum during the flooding operation
- Smooth bore with high collapse rating: The liner is fully bonded to the fibre reinforcement, resulting in a smooth bore with low friction whilst maintaining very high collapse pressures
- Extreme light-weight: Airborne estimates that the top tension is 60% lower in proportion to a conventional flexible
- Excellent fatigue properties: The solid wall pipe results in a proven & predictable high fatigue life for the pipe
- Lower total cost of operation: Due to the light-weight and other benefits as mentioned, the total operation (OPEX) can be conducted more cost-effective
- Total system integration capability: Airborne supplies the full system of Downline, Reel and Bend Restrictors, reducing the logistics and risks for the client
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.