ExxonMobil Extends West Aquarius Gig
Seadrill has been awarded a two-year extension for the ultra-deepwater semisubmersible rig West Aquarius (UDW semisub) which is currently operating in Asia under a worldwide contract for ExxonMobil. It is anticipated that the extension period will primarily involve operations in the North Atlantic area. An estimated period of 106 days will be required to mobilize the rig and prepare for operations which will be in addition to the firm extension period. The expected revenue potential for the contract extension is estimated at US $422 million, including US $35 million for the mobilization and operational preparation period. Furthermore, ExxonMobil has the option to extend the contract period further for of up to two years.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)