Foster Wheeler JV Inks 3-Year EPCm Agreement with Qatargas
Foster Wheeler announced that a subsidiary of its Global Engineering and Construction (E&C) Group and the subsidiary's joint venture partner, Qatar Kentz WLL, have signed an engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCm) framework agreement with Qatargas Operating Company Limited (Qatargas).
The framework agreement covers projects associated with the existing Qatargas LNG facility at Ras Laffan Industrial City and will include both onshore and offshore work. The agreement will be for three years with an option to extend for a further two years. The booking values for the projects will be recorded as individual service orders are received.
Qatargas plans to issue invitations to its framework contractors to bid for specific packages of work, which packages may include pre-front end engineering design (pre-FEED), FEED and EPCm services.
"Our joint venture's combined strengths, Foster Wheeler's upstream and LNG expertise, and project execution track record, and Qatar Kentz' local presence, position us very strongly to deliver a full range of high, quality services for Qatargas at its Ras Laffan LNG facility," said Umberto della Sala, Chief Operating Officer, Foster Wheeler AG. "This is a further example of our focus on delivering a complete, local service to our clients, which objective is a key element of our Global E&C Group's Strategic Renewal Initiative."
- WorleyParsons and JV Partners Win FEED Contract for LNG Canada Project (May 21)
- Amec Agrees to buy Foster Wheeler for $3B (Jan 13)
- Report: British Engineer Amec Eyeing Foster Wheeler Takeover (Nov 27)
Company: Qatargas more info
- Qatargas Asks Suppliers To Set Up Local Offices Amid Arab Boycott (Jul 12)
- Pakistan Seeks to Import More LNG to Address Supply Shortage (Jun 16)
- Biggest No Longer Means Best in Qatar's Strategy for LNG Wealth (Jan 06)