Maersk Drilling Secures Rig Gig from Total
Maersk Drilling has received a Letter of Award from Total E&P Norge AS for one of the two ultra harsh environment jackup rigs presently under construction in Singapore. The rig will be used for drilling the demanding and complex wells on the Hild field development in the Norwegian North Sea. The contract award is conditional upon approval of the Hild development by the Norwegian authorities. The firm contract duration is four years and the agreement also includes four one-year options. The contract value for the four-year firm period is approximately USD 550 million. The contract is expected to commence latest by third quarter 2014 upon arrival of the rig in the Norwegian North Sea from the yard in Singapore.
"We are very pleased to further strengthen our business relationship with Total which is an important client for Maersk Drilling worldwide. This first assignment for one of our newbuilding XL Enhanced jackup rigs only eight months after we placed the order confirms our strong belief in an increasing demand for modern, high capacity rigs for the Norwegian market," said Claus V. Hemmingsen, CEO of Maersk Drilling and member of the Executive Board of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group.
To be delivered in 2014, the "XL Enhanced" design is a further enhanced version of the existing ultra harsh environment jack-ups, MÆRSK INNOVATOR and MÆRSK INSPIRER. Like their sister rigs, the two new rigs are designed to operate in the harsh environment found in the North Sea and complies with all rules and regulations in the strictly regulated Norwegian sector.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: total e&p norge as more info
- Maersk Intrepid to Head for Norway After Delivery by Keppel FELS (Mar 24)
- Wintershall North Sea Well Comes Up Dry (Aug 01)
- 'Significant' North Sea Gas/Condensate Discovery for Statoil (Jul 02)