Maersk Gallant to Drill in North Sea

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil AS a drilling permit for wellbore 2/4-21.

Wellbore 2/4-21 will be drilled from the drilling facility Mærsk Gallant at position 56°42'00.81’"N and 3°8'34.31"E.

The drilling program for wellbore 2/4-21 applies to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 146. Statoil Petroleum ASA is the operator with a 77.8 per cent ownership interest, while the other licensee, Total E & P Norway AS, owns 22.2 per cent. Production license 146 was awarded to Saga Petroleum in 1988 in the 12th licensing round.

The area in this production license lies in the southern part of the North Sea and consists of parts of block 2/4. The well will be drilled about 18 km north of the Ekofisk field. The production license has seen some drilling activity earlier.

The drilling permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.

Related Companies
 Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directoratemore info
 - NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
 - Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
 - Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Rig Moving Class A Truck Driver
Expertise: Rig Mover|Truck / HGV Driver
Location: Midland
 
U.S. Zanesville: Sr Field Engineer - Directional Drilling
Expertise: Directional Driller
Location: Zanesville, OH
 
United States Canonsburg: Service Manager
Expertise: Customer Service|WellSite Supervisor
Location: Canonsburg, PA
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.23/BBL 0.46%
Light Crude Oil : $52.75/BBL 0.62%
Natural Gas : $3.24/MMBtu 1.25%
Updated in last 24 hours