Dong Granted Drilling Permit in Barents Sea
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Dong E&P Norge AS a drilling permit for well 7121/9-1, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Well 7121/9-1 will be drilled from the Transocean Barents drilling facility in position 71°15'13.97" north and 21°42'41.86" east.
The drilling program for well 7121/9-1 relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 518. Dong E&P Norge AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 40 percent. The other licensees are North Energy ASA (30 percent), Front Exploration AS (20 percent) and Sagex Petroleum Norge AS (10 percent).
The area in this license consists of parts of blocks 7121/8, 9, 10, 11 and 12. The well will be drilled about 100 kilometers northwest of Hammerfest and about 20 kilometers west of the Goliat field.
Production license 518 was awarded in APA 2008 (23 October 2009). This is the first well to be drilled in the license.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing the drilling activity.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)