Hess Lines Up GOM Gig for Atwood Condor
Atwood Oceanics announced that one of its subsidiaries has been awarded a drilling services contract by Hess Corporation for work in the Gulf of Mexico for the Atwood Condor, Atwood's ultra-deepwater, dynamically positioned Friede & Goldman ExD Millennium semisubmersible drilling unit currently under construction at Jurong Shipyard Pte. Ltd. in Singapore. The contract has a firm duration of 21 months, exclusive of the mobilization period from Singapore to the Gulf of Mexico, and includes two one-year options with pricing subject to mutual agreement.
The Atwood Condor is expected to be delivered from the shipyard in June 2012 and will mobilize to the Gulf of Mexico with expected arrival in September 2012. The commitment for the Atwood Condor is expected to run until June 2014, excluding well in progress. With this contract, Atwood's total revenue backlog increases by $329 million to approximately $1.9 billion, excluding approximately $32 million in mobilization revenue.
Rob Saltiel, Atwood President and CEO, commented, "We are extremely pleased with the opportunity for the Atwood Condor to work with Hess Corporation in the Gulf of Mexico. We look forward to demonstrating the Condor's extensive capabilities as we contribute to our client's success in the region."
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)