Hyperdynamics Spuds First Exploration Well Offshore Guinea

Hyperdynamics has commenced exploratory drilling on the Sabu-1 well. The well is being drilled by the Jasper Explorer drillship in a water depth of 2,297 feet (700 meters).

The target of the well is a four-way anticline oil prospect with upper Cretaceous sands with total well depth estimated at 11,811 feet (3,600 meters). Sabu-1 is the first of two exploration wells planned for drilling in 2011 in the Guinea concession. The second well, Baraka-1 should commence drilling immediately after Sabu-1 is completed.

Hyperdynamics operates the concession with a 77% interest, while Dana Petroleum holds the remaining 23% interest. 

continue reading the full article

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Equipment Operator - San Antonio
Expertise: Coil Tubing|Driller|Production Operator
Location: San Antonio, TX
Frac Supervisor - TX, ND, WY & OK
Expertise: WellSite Supervisor
Location: El Reno, 
United States Bossier City: Service Supervisor I - Frac/Acid
Expertise: Field Service Tech|WellSite Supervisor
Location: Bossier City, LA
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.46/BBL 4.63%
Light Crude Oil : $48.9/BBL 4.78%
Natural Gas : $3.18/MMBtu 0.90%
Updated in last 24 hours