Premier Turns on Taps at Chim Sao
Premier Oil has commenced production from the Chim Sao oil project offshore southern Vietnam. Oil production will commence from six wells, and overall production output should plateau at about 25,000 bopd. Chim Sao's development consists of a single wellhead platform and an FPSO.
Hydrocarbons will be processed on the FPSO with oil being exported via shuttle tankers and the gas by subsea pipeline into existing gas infrastructure. The operator plans to further explore and appraise the development in 2012 in order to add additional resources to the project.
Chim Sao is located on Blocks 12W and 12E in 377 feet (115 meters) of water, around 248 miles (400 kilometers) southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, offshore Vietnam. Premier serves as the operator of the oil and gas field, holding a 53.125% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)