BP: Talks with Bridas On Argentina Deal Continue
LONDON (Dow Jones Newswires), Sep. 30, 2011
BP said Friday that talks with Argentina's Bridas Corp. over a deal to sell BP's stake in Pan American Energy continue.
Bridas is a joint venture between, China National Offshore Oil Company and Argentina's Bulgheroni family.
The $7.1 billion deal to buy BP's Pan American stake was initially agreed on Nov. 28 2010, to be followed by a 12 month period to finalize details and obtain regulatory approval, said a BP spokesman.
The 12 months is not an absolute deadline and talks could be extended if both parties wished, he added.
He declined to comment on a report that Argentinian politicians are threatening to block the deal.
Copyright (c) 2011 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: CNOOC more info
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- China's CNOOC Begins Oil Partner Hunt in Mexico Deep Waters (Sep 15)