Aker Solutions Wins Engineering Gig for Total's Hild Field
Aker Solutions has won a contract to conduct the basic engineering for the development of Total's Hild field in the Norwegian North Sea. The contract value is about NOK 215 million.
Aker Solutions' scope of work includes engineering for several building blocks, including topside, jacket, an FSO (floating storage and offloading), turret and mooring, SURF (subsea umbilicals, risers, pipelines and flowlines) and transportation and installation. The work will be completed in the summer of 2012. Basic engineering work covers a greater level of detail than a normal FEED (Front-end, engineering and design) study for field developments.
The topside engineering will be done from Aker Solutions' head offices in Oslo, Norway, while the turret and mooring work will be conducted in Kristiansand, Norway. Aker Solutions has previously completed a pre-project/pre-basic engineering study for the field. The contract party for Aker Solutions is Aker Engineering & Technology AS.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)