CGGVeritas Concludes Survey for Chevron Norge
CGGVeritas has completed acquisition of a 3D survey with BroadSeisTM, its unique broadband marine solution, for Chevron Norge AS.
The minimum commitment for the program comprised acquisition of a 3D survey over a 2,190 km2 area west of Bodø in the Norwegian Sea. Due to good progress the program was extended to 2,805 km2. In addition, part of the survey was acquired in wide-azimuth (WAZ) mode, making it the first commercial BroadSeis WAZ project. The survey was acquired ahead of schedule by the recently upgraded CGGVeritas vessel, Oceanic Endeavour.
Jean-Georges Malcor, CEO of CGGVeritas, said, "We are very pleased that Chevron has selected our BroadSeis broadband marine solution for their exploration in the deep waters of the Norwegian Sea. This contract offered an excellent opportunity for CGGVeritas to demonstrate the value of the technology relative to sub-volcanic imaging in the sub-basalt areas which predominates in the western part of the Norwegian Sea."
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)