Aker Solutions Selected to Supply Subsea Umbilical to Jette Field
Aker Solutions has been selected to supply a subsea umbilical to Det norske oljeselskap's Jette field. The order is worth approximately NOK 60 million.
Det norske's initial order is for six kilometers of static electro-hydraulic stainless steel umbilical. The umbilical will include electrical and hydraulic functions, in addition to a three inch gas lift line and methanol injection.
Subsea umbilicals are deployed on the seabed to supply necessary control and chemicals to subsea oil and gas wells, subsea manifolds and any subsea system requiring a remote control.
Engineering and project management will be provided from Aker Solutions' Oslo headquarters. Manufacturing will take place at Aker Solutions' umbilical facility in Moss, Norway. The estimated delivery date is 3Q, 2012. The subsea umbilical will be used at the Jette field which is located in block 25/7 and 25/8, west of Stavanger in the North Sea at a water depth of approximately 150 meters.
The Jette project is Det norske's first development acting also as an operator.
"Aker Solutions' umbilical business has been further strengthened by our first umbilical contract with Det norske and we look forward to working together on this promising project," said Tove Røskaft, Executive vice president (EVP) of umbilicals at Aker Solutions.
Aker Solutions' contract party is Aker Subsea AS.
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)