SOCO Spuds Well Offshore Congo-Brazzaville
SOCO International has commenced exploratory drilling on the Mindou Marine-1 well offshore Congo.
Drilling operations are being performed by the ENSCO 5003 semisub and should take 50 days. Mindou Marine-1 has a planned depth of 11,155 feet (3,400 meters), and is targeting a pre-salt Toca formation carbonate reservoir within a combined structural and stratigraphic trap.
This well will fulfill the second phase drilling commitment on the license and is the first of a two-to-three well program on Blocks Marine XI and XIV. SOCO operates the license.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- SOCO: Congo Baobab Marine-1 Well Comes up Dry (Feb 26)
- British Oil Company Soco Says No Longer Holds Congo Block Permit (Nov 03)
- SOCO Net Profit, Production Down (Aug 05)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)