GDF Suez Gets NPD Nod for North Sea Drilling
GDF Suez Norge AS received approval from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate to drill in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.
The drilling permit for well 7124/4-1 S relates to drilling a wildcat well in Production License 530. The license consists of Blocks 7123/6 and 7124/4. Well 7124/4-1 S will be drilled from the Aker Barents semisub.
GDF Suez operates the license with a 30% interest. Partners in the license consist of Rocksource (20%), Front Exploration (20%), North Energy (20%) and Repsol (10%).SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: GDF Suez more info
- UK Awards 27 Blocks for Shale Exploration in Latest Licensing Round (Aug 18)
- European Majors Team Up to Explore Arctic (Apr 21)
- GDF Suez Says Natural Gas Discovery Made in Southeast Algeria (Apr 20)