Statoil Primes Bit for North Sea Drilling
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil a drilling permit for well 15/8-2 in Production License 303. Well 15/8-2 is being drilled by the COSLPioneer semisub in a water depth of 390 feet (119 meters).
The area in this license consists of a part of Block 15/2 and parts of Blocks 15/3, 15/5, 15/6 and 15/8. Statoil is the operator of the block with a 100% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)