Statoil Granted Drilling Permit in North Sea
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate granted Statoil a drilling permit for well 16/2-9 S in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. The Transocean Leader semisub will drill the well in Production License 265.
The well will be drilled about 7 miles (12 kilometers) northwest of well 16/2-8 (Aldous Major South) in the central part of the North Sea, making it the sixth well drilled in the license.
Statoil operates the license with a 40% interest; Petoro with 30%; Det norske with 20%; and Lundin Norway with 10%.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)