Oilex Preps for Flow Back at Cambay Well
Oilex advised that all eight stages of the fracture stimulation program of the horizontal section in the Cambay-76H well were pumped successfully and according to plan.
The well is currently being prepared for flow to surface to remove stimulation fluids from the formation (well clean-up phase). After the completion of the clean-up operations a flow test will be conducted.
The Cambay-76H "proof of concept" horizontal well is evaluating the production potential of the Y Zone interval of the extensive deep Eocene "tight" reservoirs in the onshore Cambay Production Sharing Contract area, Gujarat, India.
- Report date: August 9, 2011
- Status: Prepare for flow back and clean-up operations
- Past Week's Operations:
- Completed eight stage fracture stimulation program
- Completed micro-seismic and pressure data acquisition
- Preparations for well clean-up operations
- Objective: Cambay Eocene "tight" reservoir Y Zone
- Total Depth: 2,740 meters including 610 meters horizontal section
The participating interests in the Cambay PSC are:
- Oilex Ltd (Operator) 30%
- Oilex NL Holdings (India) Limited 15%
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd 55%
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)