Nexen Says Shark Prospect a Duster

The Shark exploration well, located on South Timbalier 174 in the Gulf of Mexico has finished drilling at a depth of 25,756 feet. This is the deepest well drilled to date in the Gulf of Mexico shelf.

No commercial hydrocarbons were encountered. The well is being temporarily abandoned and the data collected from the well bore is being evaluated.

Shell Exploration and Production Co. is operator of the well with 60% and Nexen has the remaining 40% working interest.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles
Related Articles


Brent Crude Oil : $54.46/BBL 0.96%
Light Crude Oil : $51.68/BBL 1.21%
Natural Gas : $3.44/MMBtu 1.99%
Updated in last 24 hours