Keppel On Track to Deliver Saipem Rig
Keppel FELS is on track to deliver Scarabeo 9, a 6th generation ultra-deepwater semisubmersible drilling rig, to Saipem S.p.A (Saipem) on time and with no lost time incidents.
A significant part of Keppel FELS' workscope on Scarabeo 9 involved the completion and commissioning of marine and drilling systems onboard.
The rig was named by Lady Sponsor, Mrs. Anna Tatka, spouse of Mr. Pietro Franco Tali, CEO of Saipem.
Speaking at the ceremony, Mr. Tali said, "With Keppel's proven track record, we were confident of receiving a rig of the highest quality delivered on time and in a safe manner. This sixth generation rig will be an important addition to our fleet as we expand our foothold to be one of the best balanced turnkey operators in the offshore and marine industry."
The Frigstad D90 semisubmersible rig is equipped with a Dynamic Positioning 3 system and will be capable of operating in water depths of up to 3,600 meters.
Mr. Tong Chong Heong, CEO of Keppel Offshore & Marine, added, "In completing this complex rig, we leveraged our in-house engineering expertise, proven project management and execution capabilities to ensure quick turnaround times in providing value added solutions.
"We thank Saipem for their trust in us and are glad to be able to demonstrate our capabilities with this safe and on time delivery. This extends to all our projects for Saipem, including the completion of Castorone at Keppel Shipyard. We look forward to supporting Saipem as they grow their fleet of high specification products for different parts of the world."
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)