OMV Spuds Well in Norwegian Sea
OMV Norge has commenced drilling on its first Norwegian exploratory well, 6407/5-2S, in PL 471.
The well is targeting Chamonix, a potentially large Cretaceous stratigraphic prospect, and the secondary Cortina prospect in the Jurassic. The Borgland Dolphin semisub is drilling the well and operations should take about 60 days to complete.
The partners in PL 471 are OMV Norge (operator, 50%), Noreco (30%0 and Valiant (20%).SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)
Company: Valiant Petroleum more info
- Valiant Farms out Handcross Prospect (Mar 28)
- Valiant Farms out Isabella Prospect to Maersk (Mar 08)
- Ithaca Makes Takeover Offer for Valiant Petroleum (Mar 01)