Eni Makes Gas Discovery Offshore Indonesia

Eni discovered hydrocarbons in an exploration well offshore Indonesia in the Jangkrik Northeast structure, located in the Muara Bakau block Kutei Basin, east of Kalimantan.

Eni stated that the Jangkrik Northeast discovery further confirms the high potential of the area. Jangkrik Northeast NFW, located about 43 miles (70 kilometers) from the coast of Indonesia, reached a depth of 11,919 feet (3,633 meters) in a water depth of 1,509 feet (460 meters).

The well contains more than 197 feet (60 meters) of net gas pay in excellent quality reservoir sands of Pliocene and Miocene age. During the production test, the well produced high-quality gas at a tubing constrained rate of 30.6 MMcf/d. Serving as operator of the Muara Bakau PSC is Eni, with a 55% interest; GDF Suez holds the remaining 45% interest. 

continue reading the full article


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
United States Broussard: AFO Monitoring Specialist, Sr
Expertise: Geoscientist
Location: Broussard, ME
Mid to Senior-Level Environmental Geologist
Expertise: Environmental Engineer|Geologist
Location: Wichita, KS
Senior GIS Analyst- Spatial Data Management
Expertise: Geoscience Technician
Location: Houston, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours