Aker Bags Umbilical Gig for Endeavour's E. Rochelle Proj.
Endeavour Energy UK awarded Aker Solutions a contract to provide subsea umbilicals and associated equipment for the East Rochelle project, located in the UK sector of the North Sea.
Aker will assign one 19-mile (30-kilometer) infield control umbilical and one 2,133-foot (650-meter) riser umbilical that will provide all system functions for the Rochelle field. The development represents the first phase of development of the Rochelle area. Engineering of the umbilicals is being managed out of Aker Solutions’ facility in Oslo, Norway, and manufacturing of the umbilicals will take place in Moss, Norway. Final delivery of the equipment will take place in 2012.
The field lies about 115 miles (185 kilometers) northeast of Aberdeen, Scotland in 459 feet (140 meters) of water. Endeavour operates the East Rochelle field, holding a 55.6% interest; Nexen Petroleum holds the remaining 44.4% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Bibby Offshore Delivers Multi-Million Dollar Decommissioning Contracts (Sep 08)
- BMT Cordah Advises on 27th Licensing Round (Feb 19)
- Aker Bags Umbilical Gig for Endeavour's E. Rochelle Proj. (Jul 21)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)