Origin Energy Begins Drilling Redback 1 Well

Origin Energy reports that drilling of the gas exploration well Redback 1 operated by Origin and located in the onshore Perth Basin Production License L11, commenced this week using the Century 24 drilling rig. The well is currently drilling ahead at a depth of 96 meters.

The well is located approximately 3 kilometers east of the Beharra Springs gas processing plant.

The well will be drilled vertically to test a downthrown structural closure similar to the adjacent Beharra Springs Gas Field. The primary objective is the Wagina Formation which is the gas reservoir at the nearby Beharra Springs and Beharra Springs North fields. The well has a planned total depth of 3,810 meters and the reservoir is prognosed to be intersected at a depth of approximately 3,700 meters. Drilling to the reservoir is expected to take 25 days.

Participants in L11 and Redback 1 are Origin Energy Developments Pty Limited with 67.00% and Arc Energy Limited with the other 33.00%.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles
Related Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours