Falcon Finalizes Beetaloo Basin Transaction with Hess
Falcon O&G announced that the Beetaloo Basin Evaluation and Participation Agreement between Falcon Oil & Gas Australia Limited ("Falcon Australia") and Hess Australia (Beetaloo) Pty Limited ("Hess Australia") dated April 28, 2011 (the "Agreement") is now in effect and the seismic survey phase of the project will begin once the necessary regulatory permits are finalized.
On closing (July 13, 2011) Hess Australia made a US $17.5 million payment to Falcon Australia. Hess Oil and Gas Holdings Inc. ("Hess") also paid Falcon US $2.5 million and Falcon issued Hess a warrant exercisable for 10,000,000 common shares in the capital of Falcon ("Common Share") at a price of CDN $0.19 per Common Share for a period from November 14, 2011 until January 13, 2015. Upon receipt of all necessary regulatory permits, Hess Australia will commence the process of acquiring seismic data over Exploration Permits 76, 98 and 117 in the Beetaloo Basin, Northern Territory, Australia (the "Agreement Area"). After completion, processing and interpretation of the seismic data, Hess Australia may elect to acquire 62.5 percent ownership in the Agreement Area and continue to the next phase of the work program which includes conducting a five well program to explore and appraise the Agreement Area, beginning in 2012.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
- Hess Shares Fall After Fourth-Quarter Forecast Slashed (Oct 25)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Falcon Oil & Gas more info
- Falcon Updates on Drilling Ops at Amungee NW-1H Well in Beetaloo Basin (Sep 30)
- Falcon O&G Provides Update on Drilling Ops in Beetaloo Basin in Australia (Jul 26)
- Falcon Outlines Drilling Plans for its Australia's Beetaloo Basin Assets (Apr 29)