Petrofac Secures Marathon Contract Renewal
Petrofac announced that its Offshore Engineering & Operations (OE&O) business has been awarded a contract renewal by Marathon. Petrofac has been working with Marathon on its North Sea Brae assets since 2005. Following the delivery of a number of critical projects, the contract has been extended by a further four years.
Starting in August 2011, Petrofac will deploy its engineering, construction, operations and maintenance services under the terms of the new contract. The base scope is valued at £36 million, although this does not include the value of any future projects which may get sanctioned.
Bill Dunnett, managing director, Petrofac OE&O commented, "The renewal of this important contract with Marathon is recognition of the strength of the working relationship our respective teams have developed in the past six years. As a group we are committed to the North Sea and this long-term contract extension, which enables us to continue to deploy our extensive services capability, is key to our continued growth and development in the region."
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)