Taqa Takes Operatorship Of N. Sea Otter Field from Total
LONDON (Dow Jones Newswires), July 4, 2011
Abu Dhabi National Energy, or Taqa, said Monday its U.K. unit has taken control of the Otter field, the first phase of a transaction agreed last year with French major Total to acquire its 81% stake in two North Sea blocks.
The field is located in blocks P.226 Block 210/15a and P.1021 Block 210/20d, adjacent to Taqa Bratani's existing North Sea interests purchased in 2008. Otter is linked to the Taqa Bratani-operated Eider platform, the firm said Monday.
"Becoming operator of the Otter field underlines Taqa Bratani Ltd.'s long-term commitment to the North Sea," said Leo Koot, managing director of Taqa Bratani.
Copyright (c) 2011 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Energy Co.(TAQA) more info
- UAE Energy Firm TAQA Posts Wider Q3 Loss On Oil Price Slump (Nov 09)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA To Price Weds Tap Of Existing 2021, 2026 Bonds (Oct 12)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA Q2 Net Loss Widens To $160M (Aug 10)