Shell Awards FMC Technologies Supply Contract for Prelude Field
Shell and FMC Technologies have signed an agreement for the supply of subsea production and related topside systems for the Prelude field development. The companies also agreed on FMC performing installation and commissioning services for the project.
FMC’s scope of supply includes seven large bore subsea production trees, production manifolds, riser bases, subsea control systems and other related equipment. Orders associated with this award will continue throughout the remainder of 2011.
The Prelude gas field is located in the Browse Basin offshore Western Australia in the WA-371-P permit. Shell is the operator and 100% equity holder of the WA-371-P permit, approximately 295 miles (475 kilometers) northeast of Broome, Western Australia, and more than 124 miles (200 kilometers) from the nearest point on the mainland.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)