Oilex Makes Progress at Cambay Well
Oilex advised that the Cambay-76H horizontal well was directionally drilled as planned to casing point at 1,595 meters.
- Report date: June 21, 2011
- Status: Preparing to drill 8 ½" hole
- Past Week's Operations:
- Drilled 12 ¼" hole from 601 meters to 1,595 meters
- Set 9 ⅝" casing to 1,594 meters
- Tested BOP
- Objectives: Cambay Eocene "tight" reservoir Y Zone
- Kick off point for deviation: Approximately 1,100 meters
- Planned Total Depth (TD): Approximately 2,885 meters
- Days to TD: Approximately 35 days on a trouble free basis
Cambay Eocene Tight Reservoirs
The Company is making progress in unlocking the potential of the Cambay "tight" Eocene reservoirs that extend across the 161 km2 Cambay Production Sharing Contract ("PSC") area in onshore Gujarat, India. The Company intends to evaluate and exploit these reservoirs using horizontal drilling and fracture stimulation technology that has been developed and proven in North America.
The Cambay-76H "proof of concept" horizontal well will evaluate the production potential of the Y Zone interval of these "tight" reservoirs. An 8 stage fracture stimulation program will be conducted and after well clean-up, it is anticipated that a long term production test will be performed to determine flow rates, quality of hydrocarbons and commercial viability.
The participating interests in the Cambay PSC are:
- Oilex Ltd (Operator) 30%
- Oilex NL Holdings (India) Limited 15%
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd 55%
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)