Aker Wins Daewoo Contract for New Deepwater Drillship
Aker Solutions has won a contract from Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Equipment to supply a complete drilling equipment package for a new deepwater drillship.
The contract is worth about NOK 540 million. The drill ship will be owned and operated by Tungsten Explorer Company, a subsidiary of Vantage Drilling.
"We are very pleased to have won another contract to deliver our deepwater drilling equipment and systems, which underlines our strong and fruitful relationships with the yard and the team at Vantage Drilling," said Thor Arne Håverstad, executive vice president and head of Aker Solutions' drilling technologies business.
Bill Thomson, VP Assets and Engineering at Vantage Drilling said, "We appreciate the commitment by Aker Solutions to provide a drilling package that meets and exceeds our expectations. This will be the seventh drilling package from Aker Solutions that Vantage will be involved in. As such Aker Solutions' commitment to deliver not only an excellent service during the construction but to provide a first-class customer service when in operations is important to the success of Vantage Drilling."
The equipment will mainly be delivered in 2012.
- Woodside Discovers Gas at Thalin-1A Well Offshore Myanmar (Feb 12)
- Deep-Sea Plan Fails, Leaving Korean Shipyards Struggling (Jul 27)
- Daewoo Names New Chief After Ex-CEO Quits Over Myanmar Gas Sale Spat (Jun 17)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
Company: Vantage Drilling Co. more info
- Vantage Drilling Appoints Ihab Toma as CEO (Aug 12)
- Former Petrobras Exec Sentenced Over Vantage Drilling Contract (Feb 01)
- Vantage Says Reaches Deal with Lenders, Unit to File for Bankruptcy (Dec 03)