Parker Hannifin Awarded Mooring Contract by Subsea 7
The Energy Products Division of Parker Hannifin Corporation has been awarded a contract from Subsea 7 for one of the world's largest mooring projects. Parker will supply the steel wire tether system for the deep water Guara and Lula NE submerged buoys in Brazil. Subsea 7 has been contracted by Petrobras to provide engineering, procurement, installation and pre-commissioning of four decoupled riser systems in this field.
Parker will provide Subsea 7 with 34 sheathed tethering lines each measuring more than 6,000 feet (over 1850 meters) in length. These steel tethers will keep the submerged buoys securely moored to the seabed of the Guara and Lula NE fields. The mooring lines will be engineered and constructed at the Tønsberg, Norway manufacturing location.
EPD's General Manager, Craig Anderson, stated, "We are proud to have been selected to provide our mooring products for the Guara and Lula NE development, and we look forward to partnering with the Subsea 7 project team on this world-class project."
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: Parker Hannifin more info
- Parker Hannifin Bags Polyster Mooring Contract for Jack/St. Malo (Oct 19)
- Parker EPD Unveils Subsea Metrology Systems in GOM (Jun 16)
- Parker Hannifin Awarded Mooring Contract by Subsea 7 (Jun 15)